1. The core list of support services are:
(a) Student handbook is given out to all newly enrolled students to orientate them on important information of the College
(b) Medical Insurance coverage in accordance with the guidelines by CPE is provided to all enrolled students, via eTiQa Insurance. There can be an exemption for Singaporean/PR if they are already covered by their own medical insurance plan (proof must be shown to the College to be able to opt-out).
(c) The Administration department that handles / processes all student requests.
(d) Feedback form is easily available for students to provide valuable insights into helping the College to continually improve the student experience.
2. List of Comprehensive Services Available in the College:
|Service||Details||Staff in Charge|
|Student Welfare|| 1. Airport pickup.
2. Accommodation arrangements.
3. Student orientation program
4. Medical insurance coverage for hospitalization and related medical treatment for the entire course duration.
5. Arrange medical check-up.
6. Management of grievances.
7. Apply/extend Social Visit Pass and Visa for parents
8. Security Bond Banker’s Guarantee
9. Assist in Student’s Pass application and collection
|Academic related|| 1. Special help in the form of extra lesson time or counselling for students who face difficulties in class.
2. Course materials.
3. Transfer/Withdrawal of course.
4. Issue Letter of Certification
5. Issue Certificate of Completion
|Administrative|| 1. Student Pass Application /Renewal.
2. Replacement of Student’s Pass upon loss.
3. FPS application.
4. Application / extension of VISA for students and their parents/guardian.
5. Registration of external examinations (AEIS, O Levels, etc.).
6. Complaints/Dispute Resolution.
7. Refund of course fees.
8. Transfer/Withdrawal of course.
9. Assist in fee payment procedure.
|Extra-curriculum Activities|| 1. Volunteer work at nursing home.
2. Green Club.
3. Study Group.
|Counselling Services|| 1. Pre-course counselling.
2. Pastoral counselling.
3. Career guidance.
4. Advice on future education path.
|Trained staff & agents (for pre-course counseling)|
|Health and Safety|| 1. Fire drill exercise.
2. CCTV safety monitoring.
3. Medical insurance claims.
4. First aid.
5. Emergency Help.
3. Communication of up-to-date Student Support Services and Programmes
(a) Communication of the list of student support services and programmes will be through the Student Handbook, College’s official website and also notices given to students to create awareness of these programmes. These notices can be in the form of verbal communication and / or memo given to students.
4. Programmes to develop students holistically
(a) Various models and frameworks would be created and continually reviewed to ensure that the College has sufficient programmes to develop students holistically
(b) The College’s Continual Improvement Cycles and its elements, including the annually done Continual Improvement Work Plan would also act as a platform to incorporate the need and objective to develop students holistically.
To note: This comprehensive list of student support services is not meant to be exhaustive. The College undertakes the responsibility to continually improve on ensuring that all students’ welfare and needs are well taken care of and will do so by College-student engagements through the various student touch points as listed.