Foreign Languages offered
Foreign Language course is specially designed to cater to those who would like to take up foreign language and learn more about the communication medium of this country. It aims to introduce the students to the new language and eventually enable the students to be able to communicate fluently in the language. We employ progressive and learner-centred teaching methodologies to enhance learning and believe in encouraging students to be actively involved in various classroom activities that allow them to interact with fellow students and their teachers. Partner and group work are standard features of the language classes which are usually restricted in size to ensure maximum individual attention and interaction. This course ensures that the language proficiency is built up gradually through communication and the application of structures, vocabulary and strategies. With these, we want students to look forward to their next language class after every lesson and be able to move up the levels of proficiency.
- Self Introduction
- Giving personal details,
- Asking when and where an event will take place
- Talking about your family, daily routine and hobbies
- Asking for and giving directions or information in places such as: hotels, airport, town etc.
- Introducing someone formally and informally, asking for and giving information on work, learning to fill in forms and making phone calls (e.g. those with clients)
- Basic grammar for sentence construction to carry out short conversation
- Adjectives, including topics on nouns (gender and number) and descriptions
- Definite and indefinite articles, Present, regular and irregular verbs
Level 1 – No Requirements
Level 2 and above – Students will have to take a placement test to assess foreign language proficiency
Students can receive an attendance certificate upon completion of the course when an attendance rate of at least 75% is met.
Each level consists of 10 lessons, 2 hours per lesson
– Each level will consists around 2 months to complete
– The class will conducted on weekdays and weekends
A sample of programme outline
|30 minutes||Review of previous lesson|
|60 minutes||New topics covered|
|30 minutes||In-class assignment (hands-on activities)|
|Total: 120 minutes|