1. Student to fill up Course Transfer Request Form
1.1 In the event that a student would want to proceed with a Course Transfer, he / she is to fill up the Course Transfer Request Form and hand it to the Administration Executive for further processing. In addition, the student would also fill in and submit the Refund Request Form together with the Course Transfer Request Form in case of a refund.
1.2 Any supporting documentations that are required to process the Course Transfer Request must also be submitted along with the Course Transfer Request Form.
1.3 Supporting documents for Course Transfers should minimally include any documents that show that the student meets the minimum entry requirements for the new course that he / she is applying to, if this document is different from the one used to enroll the student to his/her original course.
1.4 Reasons for the Course Transfer should also be documented in the Course Transfer Request Form.
2. Administration Executive to meet up with Student
2.1 Upon receipt of any Course Transfer Request Form (including supporting documents if any), Administration Executive is to meet up with the student. This is to be done within 2 working days upon receipt of the Course Transfer Request Form (based on the date of application).
2.2 Administration Executive is to inform student on the following conditions for any Course Transfers : –
- Student must meet all minimum entry requirements of the new course they are enrolling in
- The standard student contract for the current course that the student is enrolled in will be voided upon approval of Course Transfer Request
- A new standard student contract for the new course will need to be signed (Refer to Procedures of Executing Student Contract) upon approval of Course Transfer Request
Only applicable for students under the age of 18 Years Old
2.3 Administration Executive is to seek the consent of the student’s parents or guardians prior to proceeding with the Course Transfer Request. Consent can be through email, tele conversation or letter. Receipt of Consent must be documented in the Course Transfer Request Form.
3. Conducting of Pre-Course Counselling
3.1 Administration Executive is to conduct the Pre-Course Counselling session with the Student who would be required to sign on the Course Transfer Request Form to acknowledge that he/she has been informed of the various critical information. Administration Executive is also to ensure that the new course is suitable for the student.
4. Approval of Course Transfer by Academic Department
4.1 Upon completion of Pre-Course Counselling, Administration Executive is to seek the approval of the Academic Supervisor. This is to ensure that the student is suitable to transfer to the proposed new course.
4.2 Such Approval should be documented in the Course Transfer Request Form.
5. Management Approval of Course Transfer
5.1 Upon approval from the Academic Supervisor, Administration Executive is to seek the approval of the Executive Principal/ Principal as part of Management Approval.
5.2 Such Approval should be documented in the Course Transfer Request Form.
6. Issuing Letter to Effect or Reject Course Transfer Request
6.1 A Letter to Effect or Reject Course Transfer Request will be given to the student.
6.2 For Requests that are approved, student is to proceed with the application process for the new course.
Internal Processing for Course Transfers
The following will consists of follow up actions that the Administration Executive must complete upon confirmation of the Course Transfer. They are as such:
- Termination of existing student contract (to be done upon signing of new contract)
- Processing of Refunds if any (Refer to Refund Procedure)
- Informing ICA of the change in Student’s Pass Status (including cancellation of current Student’s Pass)
- Updating FPS Service Provider (Refer to procedure on updating FPS Service Provider)
- Update database in the College’s Student Management System (to accurately reflect updated course and student details)
- Updating the Masterlist of Course Transfer and Withdrawals
Updating of FPS Service Provider
*Circumstances to inform FPS Service Provider
Administration Executive will update eTiQa Insurance within 3 working days if : –
a. Student transfers his course of study; or
b. Student withdraws from course of study; or
c. Student defers or extends his course of study; or
d. Student’s fee protection status is affected other than the circumstances as listed above.
The procedures to inform FPS Service Provider
a. Administration Executive will inform eTiQa Insurance by logging into the online system.
b. Administration Executive will update the information in the system to reflect current status of student.